Following are the main points made by BoJ Governor Kuroda:
- The Japanese economy continues to recover at a moderate pace.
- The economy is expected to continue to recover in the coming period.
- The Bank of Japan will continue its monetary easing program and control the yield curve for as long as possible to support inflation rising to 2%.
- The Bank will adjust monetary policy if necessary to maintain the momentum of economic growth.
- The Bank will continue to expand its monetary base until inflation exceeds 2%.
- The Japanese financial system is stable.