Jazbec, governor of the Central Bank of Slovenia and member of the Board of Governors of ECB, made the following statement:
- The decision to tapering has been delayed but will be implemented.
- The ECB is still watching macroeconomic developments that are moving as clearly as we expected.
- The strength of the euro reflects the strength of the eurozone economy.
- We explore ways to support our measures.
- Need more data to confirm that what the ECB is doing is in line with its mandate.
- The ECB's monetary policy should be understood as a package of instruments.