Comments from the Bank of Tokyo - Mitsubishi after the end of the Jackson Hole Conference as follows:
• Statements by Janet Yellen, the Federal Reserve Governor and almost free to talk about monetary policy through Jackson hole are not unexpected.
• Mario Draghi, Governor of the European Central Bank, did not speak about the euro, so it strengthened.
• Haruhiko Kuroda, governor of the Bank of Japan, stresses the continuation of the easing policy.
• It is dangerous to buy EURUSD near the 1.20 level ahead of the announcement of inflation data this week, as the rise of the EUR will push inflation to slowdown.
• It is difficult for US bond yields to fall further due to strong economic data in the US.