Toshimitsu Motegi, Japan's Minister of Economy, made the following remarks:
• We need to look at many economic data to judge the strenghth of consumer spending.
• According to the government's assessment, consumer spending is gradually improving.
• We want to closely monitor North Korea's impact on financial markets.
Also, there were statements to the Japanese Finance Minister were as follows:
• A visit to the United States is scheduled for September 4 for informal talks with the US Vice President.
• I do not yet know how the North Korean issue will be discussed with the US Vice President.